Friday 11 April 2008

Crazy hair!


Hi, just thought I'd share this with you! The weather has been so strange today, beautiful and sunny this morning although a touch windy, and then suddenly overcast ahead and hail and rain, but I must take Nas out in a minute as he hasn't been out today yet and he'll start giving me dirty looks soon!


Went into town for a wander with Mum. We found a newly reopened cafe with an Italian vibe, an Italian radio station was playing. Nearby is a lovely shop that we just can't bring ourselves to go into unless we have serious intent to buy something! It's the Scandinavian shop with Moomin cups, which we just coveted through the window for about 10 minutes!


We popped into the 'will it ...won't it close down...no it'll be open for a while longer, we've just got new stock in!' woolshop for a crochet needle as neighbour Sue kindly taught me to crochet yesterday while she's recovering from back pain and orders from the doctor to take it easy. She was a very good (and patient!) teacher, I've created a small square and hope to be able to remember what to do when I pick it up again. We saw some lovely soya wool made by Sirdar I think, very reasonable price and the Baby Bamboo range also has some lovely mix and match colours.


Nearly finished a baby tank top for a special baby, having a bit of trouble with the neck dividing and understanding the pattern, Mum has been very patient in getting me out of several mistakes.


Also bought some Cranberries on the market to possibly go in some weekend cupcakes!


I'm hoping to hear some good news soon about a starting date for my job, as time goes on I'm starting to get a bit down about it all ...but not to dwell on it..


Dad is going up to London on Sunday night to help his mates Willy and Tony to bring the 'Ardwina' Sailing barge from St. Catherine's Dock back to moor at Malden. Hopefully it'll be a rather more enjoyable trip than last weekend helping bring the 'Victor' back to Mistley from Malden in the horizontal sleet and snow!...he loves it really!
Hope you have a lovely weekend wherever you are and whatever your'e doing.



No comments: