Wednesday 30 January 2008

elephants never forget...



hello again...haven't posted for a couple of days. We collected our plates from the pottery cafe on Monday and I'm pleased how clear the picture has come out, wasn't sure if I'd put enough layers of paint on!
I keep seeing this lovely fabric for sale on different etsy sites but can never justify buying it at that particular moment. There was an occasion when I tried to purchase some from Kitty-Craft but there was a problem at check-out...maybe this was a good thing, it stopped me spending money I'm sure I didn't have!
The interview on Monday seemed to go okay and probably is the most relaxed I've felt in an interview since leaving uni, maybe it's all the practice I've experienced, or maybe it's just that I'm not filled with any hopefulness any more so don't expect anything from it.. I really liked the sound of the project, supported living for people with learning difficulties and the managers at the interview seemed friendly and approachable. So, will probably hear tomorrow either way...
Third screenprinting class last night and first layer of paint on the linocut, there's a great old bit of machinery which basically squeezes the linocut against the paint and paper. A fair amount of heft is needed to pull the handle towards you a few times. Also linocutting were Gerry (a newbie, like myself) and Rachel who seems quite experienced and has been really helpful in offering advice. Some of the regulars are churning out some fantastic screenprints, I just walk past on my way to wash my hands (now blue!) with a look of awe on my face each time.
Decided to make some scones from Jane's book 'The Gentle Art of Domesticity' today. They use a bit more butter than our old tried and tested recipe, but came out lovely, if i do say so myself. Took some pictures but they dont seem to want to load tonight so will try another time.
It's Nellie's mums funeral tomorrow...will be thinking of him.

No comments: