Thursday 31 January 2008

rain, rain, go away....





What a miserable day it's turned out to be. Nas and me went on a very blustery walk this morning and nearly got blown away, I gave up trying to peel back the hair from out of my eyes!
Nas usually enjoys being out in all the elements but wind is not his thing..he tends to assume a mournful face throughout a windy walk but it also helps to exacerbate his crazy running off in zig-zags all over the meadow, ripping up clumps of grass phases...which are pretty hilarious.
Here he is in a butter-wouldn't-melt pose, and on a much nicer day than today.
It's stitch 'n' bitch tonight although I'm not sure if I'll go along yet..in one of those stay at home moods after looking forward to it all week. In preparation, I'd started on another pair of Louisa Harding's gardening mittens in Kidsilk aura (lovely, it's got a bit of a sheen to it) as my main wip at the moment is a 'parisienne shawl', the pattern of which was kindly emailed to me by the lovely owner of 'Norfolk Yarns' in Norwich after I saw it in the window on a visit. It's coming along well and am using a cone of light blue mohair found at a charity shop. The only problem is it needs my full attention with the stitches and I'm always fearful of forgetting where I am with it...so, not the best project for a group night!
The gardening mitts are addictive, and came in really handy for Christmas presents. I found some lovely velvet ribbon in a shop at Covent Garden and used this to go through the eyelets of the glove at the wrist.
Spoke to Nellie last night while he was preparing to iron his shirt for today, he was wondering if he could just get away with ironing the bit of shirt that would be on show! We agreed that was probably okay, and it is cold inside churches so he shouldn't need to take his jacket off..men and ironing eh?! It's going to be a hard day for him...

No comments: